The minimum academic qualification for admission is a pass with min 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates other backward class) in the 12th Standard or its equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science. Candidates should have passed National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA). All candidates who are offered provisional admission will be required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination (12th standard or equivalent) to the Institute. Failing which provisional admission will stand cancelled. If a candidate is found ineligible at a later date, even after admission to GSAP, his/her admission will be cancelled. All admissions will be subject to verification of faces from the original certificates/documents of the candidates. The decision of the concerned authorities of GSAP regarding eligibility of any candidate shall be final.
A list of qualifying examinations is given below:
- The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Intermediate Science or Two years Pre-university Examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
- Final Examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of Cambridge University.
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or foreign countries recognized by the Association of India University as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- H.S.C. Vocational Examination.
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects.
- Three or four-year diploma