Overview: BVA or Bachelor of Visual Arts – Interior & Spatial Design.
Interior & Spatial Design is a four-year duration undergraduate Fine Arts programme. The inception of this course is the inheritance of Gopalan Architecture College in Whitefield, Bangalore.
The primary objective of the program is to develop the ability to generate solutions to spatial constructs, i.e., space and form which integrate principles of design with functional requirements by emphasizing the study of variables like light, movement, transformation, scale, structure & skin, physical constraints and cultural context, either urban or rural.
An eye for the design process, relation of aesthetics and the creative elements involved in upgrading existing resources with new innovation and sustainable set up.
The candidates who have completed the two year pre-university course or plus two from Karnataka state board or equivalent from other states/boards are eligible for admission in this course.
Process of Enrolment
All original marks cards and one set of photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of admission as mentioned below
- Class 10 Marks Statement and Class 11/12 Marks Statement (Mandatory).
- Transfer Certificate (TC) of Class 12 from the last qualified institution must be submitted by 15 July 2021 (Mandatory).
- Migration Certificate of Class 12 (applicable for all candidates except Karnataka state board applicants).
- Five Stamp size and one passport size photograph formal dress with a white background (Mandatory).
- Copy of valid ID proof (Aadhar Card / Aadhar Enrolment Receipt / PAN Card / Voter ID Card).
Candidates falling under any of these categories (NRI / PIO / OCI / SAARC / AFRICA / ASEAN / OTHER FOREIGN NATIONALS) have to submit:
- Copy of Passport and Visa Details (Mandatory).
- PIO / OCI have to produce a copy of the PIO / OCI card whichever is applicable (Mandatory).
- Medical Fitness Certificate (MFC) from any recognized medical practitioner certified by the Medical Council of India and
- Resident Permit (RP) (If available while applying).
All mandatory documents must be submitted for verification during the admission process.
- Art Director
- Visual Artist
- Visual Designer
- Art Conservator
- Art Critic
- Graphic Designer
- Art studios
- Advertising companies
- Publishing houses
- Product design
- Manufacturing department
- Graphic arts
- Theatre productions