Hostel facility @ Engineering College Campus - Whitefield, Bangalore
Gopalan College of Engineering & Management,whitefield Bangalore has provided safe and congenial atmosphere to the college students. Our Hostel is within the college campus just opposite to Engineering college,with 3848 sq.ft builtup area and accommodates 500 students.The living spaces are structured to inspire harmony.The facilities are very ideal for pursuing academic goal.. it creates a homely atmosphere to the student, to relax and socialize and it is like home away from home.
Our Enginnering College makes the best possible efforts to provide the best of services and facilities within the Hostel
- Furnished Rooms and attached bathroom
- Ragging is strictly prohibited and strict discipline in maintained
- 24 hrs Security and House-keeping facility available
- Necessary amenities,furniture and accessories provided to each room
- 24 hours Hot water and Electricity facility available
Rules and Regulations for Residents
- All hostel residents are required to maintain standards of behaviour expected of students of a prestigious institution such as ours. They are expected to behave courteously and fairly with everyone both inside and outside the campus.
- All residents are required to carry their valid Identity cards issued to them by the Institute.
- All visitors to the hostel including the parents/guardian will have to make necessary entries in the visitors book available at the hostel entrance with the security guard.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against if an inmate student fails to attend the college without proper reasons and its information to the warden.
- The rooms, common areas and surroundings should be kept clean and hygienic. Notices shall not be pasted on walls and walls shall not be scribbled on.
- Students during their stay in the hostel will be governed y the hostel management rules. No function or celebration shall be organized at hostel premises except with the permission of the warden.
- The students should not screen pirated/unauthorized/unlicensed movies in their computers and common rooms. Any violation will be dealt severely. Punishment for the same will be decided by authorities.
- Ragging of students admitted to the Institute is totally banned. Any violation of this by the students will be dealt with very severely. For your understanding, ragging which is CRIMINAL & NON-BAILABLE offence is defined in lega parlance as,"display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear, shame or embarrassment to a student in any academic Institution and includes:- Teasing, abusing, of playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such student or asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course be willing to do".
- Students will be responsible for the care and maintenance of the room allotted to them. On allotment of the rooms, the students jointly with other roommates will be responsible for the furniture and fittings in the rooms. No furniture can be removed from the rooms. No additional furniture can be brought into the rooms without the prior permission of warden.
- No electric appliance viz hot plates/heaters/music systems/TV/VCR or any other appliance considered unauthorized by the warden/Administrative Manager will be used in the rooms. Anyone found using such appliances will be subject to a levy of fine to be decided by GM-Admin. The items will be confiscated.
- Students are advised not to bring any jewellery/valuable/camera or keep large sums of money in their room. Hostel authorities will not be initiated against defaulters.
- No student shall indulge in any activities in his/her room which causes disturbance to the rooms partner or neighbour. Action deemed necessary will be initiated against defaulters.
- No student can employ or take the services of or engage any persons other than those authorized by the management for service of any kind.
- Students are to keep their rooms clean and tidy at all times. They should refrain from keeping food, particularly perishable items in the room. Warden will carry out periodic inspection of the rooms.
- Cooking of any type is strictly prohibited in the rooms.
- Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks, gambling, use of narcotics and drugs are strictly prohibited in the rooms.
- >Students to adhere to the Rules and Regulation as laid down by the Habitat Splendour Residents Associations as applicable to all residents of the colony while they are inside the colony.
- Visitors including friends are not allowed to enter the rooms of the students.
- Students are to be in the hostel by 9.00pm. on all days and holidays. No student is permitted to stay out of the Hostel at night.
- The leftover food will be thrown in the garbage bins kept in the room.
- In case of any medical emergencies, the student to be shifted to Brookfield Hospital by the Room partner. Call ambulance for any emergencies and inform the warden and Admin Manager.
- In order to preserve the dignity and decorum of the Hostel, it is essential that a healthy relationship exists between the inmates of the Hostel.
- Students are advised to make all possible efforts to conserve water and electricity.
- Students are to intimate their absence from hostel due to vacations/ short holidays officially notified by the college to the warden and canteen contractor.
- All students of the Hostel are to be confined to their own rooms from 9 pm to 8 am. During this period they are not permitted to be in any other room under any circumstances.
- Students are not permitted to keep personal guests in the Hostel.
- >Any untoward incident whether inside or outside Hostel is to be brought to the notice of warden and Admin Manager at the first opportunity. Students are to refrain from getting into any affray or unlawful activity.
- Any changes in the Hostel rules or amendments in procedure will be displayed on the college notice board. Students are advised to update themselves of the changes regularly.
- Any violation of these rules by any student will result in written warning to the student. A maximum of three warnings only will be given after which the students will be made to vacate the Hostel.