Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment & accreditation & quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system & work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement & sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent & catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts & measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
IQAC will facilitate/contribute:
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
IQAC Committee Members
|01||Dr. N. Sengottaiyan
|02||Dr. V.N. Manju
Assistant Professor (CSE), GCEM.
|03||Dr. Mohan. V
Assistant Professor (MATHS), GCEM.
|IQAC Joint Coordinator|
|04||Dr. C. Prabhakar
General Secretary, Gopalan Foundation.
|05||Brig. Jagadeesh Chandran (Retd.)
Chief Operating Officer (COO), Gopalan Foundation.
|06||Mr. Rajesh Kumar
CEO, AVOHI, Bangalore.
|07||Mr. Shubam Mandal
|08||Mr. K. Prabhakar
General Manager, GCEM.
|09||Dr. Ramesh. G
Professor & HOD (AERO), GCEM.
|10||Dr. Natarajan. T
Associate Professor (ME), GCEM.
|11||Dr. Krishna Kumar. N.J
Associate Professor (EC), GCEM.
|12||Dr. Maharani. N. Y
Associate Professor (PHY) & HOD, GCEM.
|13||Ms. Kavitha M V
Assistant Professor (ECE), GCEM.
|14||Ms. Sreevidya Raman
Assistant Professor (Civil), GCEM.
Activities Conducted by IQAC
|01||Orientation session on Microsoft Teams Date : 31-08-2020||Know More||02||Five days Faculty Development Program on "NAAC Accreditation for affiliated Colleges 2020- Roadmap and Guidelines" Date(s): From 27.07.2020 to 31.07.2020 (5 days)||Know More|
|03||Two weeks faculty development program (FDP) on LaTeX , 17th to 30th April, 2020||Know More|
|04||Online Quiz on “OUTCOME BASED EDUCATION” Date(s): 24th to 28th June 2020||Know More|
|05||“Faculty Development on Outcome Based Education” Date(s): 5/2/20 & 6/2/20||Know More|