Overview : Electronics & Communication Engineering in Bangalore
To teach our students how to learn and how to become leaders and pioneers in the areas of both electronics hardware and software.
- To create global citizens with knowledge, attitude, skills, social and moral values.
- To create learning communities of students, teachers, researchers and professionals.
- To create people empowered with sense of identity.
- Achievements are born from experimenting. Experimenting is born from an idea. GCEM is the best platform for creative and innovative geeks.
- Provides quality technical education.
- Offers proficient placement training well in advance which prepares the student for all-round competition.
- Moulds the students towards becoming a responsible citizen in serving the society and contributing in terms of technical aspects.
The department has a well-equipped laboratory with authentic software's like Keil-c, Msp-430, MATLAB and the same holds promise in both research and education across a full spectrum with a well-qualified staff and published eight papers in reputed international journals (Science and Scopus) and also three papers in international conference, one in Springer and other in IEEE conference in the last three years .The department staff has also attended various technical workshops and technical seminars outside the college as a process of quality improving programmed.
The students of the department have also presented paper in technical paper presentation and have won all the first three places. The dpartment also had a project exhibition where innovative projects were demonstrated. The department conducted many technical workshops and seminars by experts.
"GETOCS- growing electronics technical oriented congregation stage". ECE Department forum was inaugurated in 2013.
Lots of extracurricular activities such as technical presentations, project demonstration, workshops and more has contributed towards the growth of the department and is continuing and will continue to.
Electronics & Communication Engineering activities
- Seminar on Speech Processing, emerging trends in electronics and communication, advances in embed systems by subject experts.
- Workshop on 'C' and 'C++' was conducted by IIT Mumbai to enhance the programming skill of students.
- A two-day workshop on 'MSP 430' microcontroller was conducted by the department associated with GILL INSTRUMENTS, Bangalore.
- Workshop on 'Robotics' and Android was conducted by IIT Mumbai to enhance the technical skill of the students.
- A two-day workshop on 'PCB and circuit Design" was conducted in association with IIT Delhi.
- Engineer's day is celebrated on every 15th of September to motivate the students on behalf of Sir M Visvesaraya's birthday.
- Taking the students for Industrial trip to enhance their technical knowledge beyond curriculum.