Overview : Mathematics Department
"Mathematics is the queen of all sciences & the mother of all technologies."
Ancient Indians like Aryabhata, Bhaskara, Mahavira & 20th century mathematicians like Ramanujan & others had made sizable contribution to the development of the subject. There are records that prove scholars from Egypt, Iran & several other Arab countries had shelved that tag of science and percolated into all disciplines of science, Engineering, Technology and humanities.
We in the department teach Mathematics by conventional dialogue method as well as through discussions, seminars, questioning, quiz etc. Our main objective is to impart quality education to the engineering students in Mathematics so that they can apply the mathematical knowledge to the problems arising in various disciplines of Engineering, Science & technology. Faculty in the department are well trained and equipped to manage all the classroom challenges.
Gopalan Engineering College, Whitefield, Bangalore has state-of-the-art infrastructure, creating an environment for progressive learning and development. It also has computer and internet facilities, modern workshops, seminar halls, auditoriums and well stocked libraries, sports and games fields including indoor football and cricket ground.
Gopalan Engineering College, Whitefield, Bangalore is the best Engineering College in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Approved by AICTE, affiliated to VTU, Recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka.
Mathematics Faculty Achievement
- Mohan V & Basavaraj M, On Semi α-regular weakly closed set in topological space, IJMA, 8(7), 197-204 (2017).
- Mohan V & Basavaraj M , On Semi α-regular weakly open set in topological space, JCMS,8(11),568-575 (2017).
- Mohan V, Basavaraj M, On Sαrw Continuous and irresolute maps in topological space, JUSPS-A, Vol. 30(1), 66-79 (2018).
- Mohan V, Basavaraj M, On Sαrw closed and open maps in topological space, communicated
- Mohan V, Basavaraj M, On Sαrw homeomorphism in topological space, communicated.
- Balavidhya S, Real Analysis of real numbers, countor and Dedekind real number structuring, IOSR Journal of mathematics, Vol.13, issue5, ver. 2. Sep-Oct-2017.
- Balavidhya S, Complex Analysis Of Homomorphism over functions sets and mappings, communicated
- Balavidhya S, differential geometry of manifolds, surfaces and curves, communicated
- I.Chakrabarty, S. Ghosh, M.K.Sen, T.K. Mukherjee, Intersection Graphs of Ideals of Rings at Discrete Mathematics 309 (2009) 5381-5392.
- I.Chakrabarty, S. Ghosh and M.K. Sen, Undirected Power Graphs of Semi groups , Semigroup Forum 78 (2009), 410-426
- I.Chakrabarty, S. Ghosh and M.K.Sen, An undirected graph on finite set of natural numbers, communicated.
- Mohan V presented in National conference of Geometry and research in Mathematics, Karnatak University, Dharward on 3rd and 4th August on On Semi α-regular weakly closed set in topological space.
- Mohan V, presented in International Conference on discrete and computational mathematics-ICDCM 2017 on On Semi α-regular weakly closed set in topological space at Gandhigram rural institute from 16th to 18th Feb 2017.
- Balavidhya. S presented in international conference Humanistic approaches of teaching and learning at Tamil nadu teachers education university, Chennai From 21.06.2013 to 23.06.2013
- Balavidhya. S presented in national conference Creating a classroom environment that promotes positive behavior, at Durai vidhyalakshmi college of education, vellore on 11.05.2013& 12.02.2013
- Balavidhya. S presented in national conference, Psychological approaches in developing values among teachers in educational institutes at Durai vidhyalakshmi college of education, vellore on 11.05.2013 & 12.02.2013
- Balavidhya. S participated in national seminar, Converse of Euler's theorem of homogeneous function for 'n' variables at Cauvery college for women, Trichy on 05.04.2007
- Balavidhya. S participated in national seminar, Effective teaching and learning methodologies, Indian academy degree college, Hennur cross road, Bangalore 06.08.2010 & 07.08.2010
- Balavidhya. S participated in national seminar, Innovative challenges in teacher and society at Annamalai university, Chidambaram on 25.03.2014 & 26.05.2014
- Ivy Chakrabarty participitated in National conference in Graph Theory and its Applications, SASTRA University, Tamil nadu, August 2012
- Ivy Chakrabarty participated in FDP in the department of MCA at PESIT, Bangalore, and January 2011
- Ivy Chakrabarty participated in 'Advances in Mathematics: Focus on Women in Mathematics', JNU, New Delhi, and October 5-7, 2009
- Balavidhya. S participated in National seminar The progress in the research process in the present scenario Drsivanthi aditanar college of education, Thiruchendur 07.02.2014