Overview: Mechanical Engineering Course
The Mechanical Engineering Department of this institution is committed to a learner centered environment in which everyone learns, discovers and enriches themselves. The department provides an eight semester program, leading to B.E degree that gives students an opportunity to prepare for professional engineering practice or for entry into higher programs of study. This undergraduate program is based on the foundation of mathematics, basic and applied science, engineering science and mechanical engineering fundamentals.
Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data is one of the fundamental skills to be developed during an undergraduate study. Our labs and workshops are well equipped to conduct experiments on transformation of thermal energy, the mechanics of its transmission and the production process.
The department's future goals include developing graduate programs and innovative, relevant engineering research program in various emerging fields of mechanical engineering.
We have dynamic faculty dedicated to excellence in teaching and research always ready to guide and advice students. To function in a multi disciplinary team, working to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems, one’s ability to communicate effectively is of prime importance. Extracurricular professional activities which enrich the educational experience is thus given enough space in our curriculum.
Colleges computing infrastructure provides high quality computing facilities and services for faculty, students and staff in order to support the teaching and educational endeavors of all the departments.
Gopalan Engineering College, Whitefield, Bangalore is the best Engineering College in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. Approved by AICTE, affiliated to VTU, Recognised by the Govt. of Karnataka.
Mechanical Engineering Course Details
- Engg. Mathematics
- Basic Thermodynamics
- Material and Metallurgy/Mechanical Measurements and Metrology
- Mechanics of Materials
- Manufacturing Process-I
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing/Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Thermodynamics
- Kinematics of Machines
- Manufacturing Process II
- Management and Entrepreneurship
- Design of Machine Elements-I
- Energy Engg
- Dynamics of Machines
- Manufacturing Process-III
- Turbo Machines
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Design of Machine Elements-II
- Heat & Mass Transfer
- Finite Elements Method
- Mechatronics & Microprocessor
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Operations Research
- Operations Management
- Control Engg
- Project work
Mechanical Engineering Labs
- Material Testing Lab
- Foundry & Forging Lab
- Mechanical Measurements & Metrology Lab
- Machine Shop
- Computer Aided Machine Drawing
- Fluid Mechanics & Machines Lab
- Energy Conversion Engg Lab
- Heat & Mass Transfer Lab
- CAMA Lab
- Design Lab
- CIM & Automation Lab
Mechanical Engineering College Admission in Bangalore
A candidate has to apply in the prescribed GCEM Application Form. It can be obtained in the following methods:
- The candidate can come personally to the college and collect the application form from the college office by paying a cash of Rs.500/-
- The candidate can send a demand draft, of Rs. 500 drawn in favour of "Gopalan College of Engineering and Management" payable at Bangalore, to the address mentioned at the end. The application form will be sent to the candidate by post/courier to the address given by the candidate.
- Application form can be downloaded from the website and filled in application along with a demand draft of Rs.500/- drawn in favour of "Gopalan College of Engineering & Management" and payable at Bangalore could be sent by post/courier to the address mentioned at the end.
Candidates must write their name and complete mailing address with phone number on the back of the demand draft. GCEM will not be responsible for any loss or postal delay.
181/1, 182/1, Behind SAP Labs, Seetharam Palya, Basavanagar, Hoodi, Bangalore -560 048
Fax: (080) 42229748 – Ext 113
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com