Overview: Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts, is an optimal course for students who desire to pursue a career in mass media, it is an ideal field of study and career for individuals who are extrovert, have a zeal to get to the bottom of a story and are capable of analyzing a story and craft it in words.
With globalization there has been exponential growth of educational institutions offering Journalism as part of their curriculum.
It is a three year programme, having Political Science and Optional English as allied subjects, which will enable the students to have a sound grounding in the various aspects of journalism- theoretical and practical.
- Optional English
- Political Science
- Statistics, Economics, Sociology Combination
The candidates who have completed the two year pre-university course or plus two from Karnataka state board or equivalent from other states/boards are eligible for admission in this course.
Process of Enrolment
All original marks cards and one set of photocopies must be submitted for verification at the time of admission as mentioned below
- Class 10 Marks Statement and Class 11/12 Marks Statement (Mandatory).
- Transfer Certificate (TC) of Class 12 from the last qualified institution must be submitted by 15 July 2021 (Mandatory).
- Migration Certificate of Class 12 (applicable for all candidates except Karnataka state board applicants).
- Five Stamp size and one passport size photograph formal dress with a white background (Mandatory).
- Copy of valid ID proof (Aadhar Card / Aadhar Enrolment Receipt / PAN Card / Voter ID Card).
Candidates falling under any of these categories (NRI / PIO / OCI / SAARC / AFRICA / ASEAN / OTHER FOREIGN NATIONALS) have to submit:
- Copy of Passport and Visa Details (Mandatory).
- PIO / OCI have to produce a copy of the PIO / OCI card whichever is applicable (Mandatory).
- Medical Fitness Certificate (MFC) from any recognized medical practitioner certified by the Medical Council of India and
- Resident Permit (RP) (If available while applying).
All mandatory documents must be submitted for verification during the admission process.
- Web information specialist
- Web and social media strategist
- Editorial fellow Reporting
- Video host
- Social media interns
- Customer relationship manager
- PR manager
- Feature Writer
- Sub Editor
- Proof Reader
- News Editor
- Fashion Content Developer
- Screen Writer
- Business Editor
- Investigative Journalis t
- Journalist etc.
- National Council of Educational Research & Training, NCERT
- National Health Systems Resource Centre, NHSRC
- Public Service Commission (PSC)
- Intelligence Bureau
- Staff Selection Commission
- Publishing House
- Advertising Agencies
- TV Channels
- Radio Telecasting Companies
- All India Radio
- Newspapers E-Magazines and Websites
- Broadcasting Corporations
- Media Houses
- News Agencies
- Press Information Bureau