GPUC - Rules & Regulations
- Being a top PU college in Bangalore the students are advised to keep themselves aware of the institute’s rules. Ignorance of rules shall not be an excuse for violation.
- Each student shall conduct herself/himself, both inside and outside the campus of the institute in a manner befitting a student of a prestigious institute. Each student should show due respect and courtesy to the teachers, administrators, staff of the institute, and to the visitors as well as fellow students.
- Lack of courtesy and decorum, willful damage to institute property, removal of any property belonging to the Institute, fellow students and use of abusive and offensive language, disturbing fellow students in their studies, adoption of unfair practices in tests, quizzes, assignments or examinations, noisy and unruly behavior shall constitute violation of the code of conduct.
- Talking loudly, loitering or congregating, being a source of distraction and annoyance to others is not permitted.
- Students are required to be dressed neatly and decently.
- The use of cell phones is strictly prohibited in all academic areas of the campus. The use of cell phones would entail confiscation of the handset. It would be returned only.
a) At the end of the course or,
b) After payment of a fine of Rs.1,000/-.
- Late coming to class is recorded as an absence from the class. Students are not allowed to leave the institute during working hours without the written permission of the mentor/HOD and Principal.
- A student neglecting his/her studies and having unsatisfactory progress will be given two warnings after which, if he/she fails to improve, he/she will be liable for expulsion from the institute.
- It is compulsory for the students to attend functions/activities organized by the institute on various occasions like Independence Day, Republic Day, and Annual Day, etc. whether the function falls on a working day or on holidays. Absence from such functions without valid reasons will invite disciplinary action.
- Students are prohibited to take part in political activity or any activity which is detrimental to the dignity of the institution.
- Students must make all possible efforts to conserve electricity and water. They must switch off lights and fans when they leave the classroom/hostel room, lab, etc.
- Students must always have their id cards with them and show the same on demand by any faculty/official of the institute.
- Candidates have to fulfill the minimum attendance requirements as per the university norms. No student will remain absent from any lectures without their leave having been approved previously from the class in-charge and that too for sufficient cause.
- If he/she is irregular in attendance or fails to show progress and is not diligent in studies, his/her name is liable to be struck off from the rolls of the institute. In case of a candidate who joined late owing to the late declaration of results or who sought admission provisionally till the declaration of the lower examination, the lecture requirements will be calculated as per academic rules and provisions.
- The students are advised to see regularly the notices displayed on the institute/hostel’s notice boards. The notice displayed on these notice boards shall be deemed to have been served on the students.