“The Right Information, at the Right Time, to the Right Person.”
- Father of Indian library Dr. S. R. Ranganathan
“One best book is equal to hundred good friends”.
– Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam.
The library is the soul of the institution. It is a center of acquiring, processing, preserving, and disseminating information to the user community with the motto of empowering knowledge.
The GOPALAN COLLEGE OF COMMERCE library established in the year 2015 to cater the needs of learning fraternity of the institution. It is one of the well-stocked college libraries. We regularly subscribe to national & international journals, magazines and 10 daily newspapers. It caters to the needs of more than 500 undergraduate, postgraduate and research level staff & students.
The library is fully automated, has a spacious reading hall and can accommodate one hundred users at any point of time. The library operations are managed by the latest version of “KOHA Library Management Software”. The library is well equipped with all the modern facilities and resources (print and electronic) in the form of CDROMs, DVD-ROM, video cassettes, books, journals, etc.
Highlights of Library
- Fully computerized and automated with a barcode system enabling easy and quick transactions.
- Open access system providing easy accessibility (Open-end library).
- Uses library management software (KOHA).
- Good signal strength Wi-Fi & internet facility.
- A comprehensive collection of books and resource materials for competitive exams.
- Reading room facility for students & staff.
- During exams, students can take books for lag period in under Deposit scheme.
- Subscribed to “INFLIBNET” under N-LIST consortia to provide facility access to e-books and e-journals.
- Digital library has 12 systems with high-speed internet facility. The digital Library is exclusively used for the online access of e-Journals, e-books, conference proceedings, articles, educational videos and e-resources.
|Total No of Books.||4482|
|Total No of Title||1258|
|Total No of Subject||875|
|Total No of Journals & Magazines||15|
|Total No of newspapers.||10|
|E- Books||N-LIST --- 1,99,500+|
|NDLI --- 6,00,000+|
|E – Journals||N-LIST --- 6000+|
|Digital Library||12 Systems|
|1||National Digital Library of India (NDLI)|
|2||Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET). Under N-LIST.|
Highlights Of Library
- OPAC services.
- User friendly library.
- Circulation services.
- Periodicals services.
- Newspaper clipping services.
- Digital Library.
- Inter library loan services.
- Reference section.
- Current affairs services.
- New arrivals book display.
- Book bank facility for SC-ST students.
- Question Papers services.
- Xerox (Reprography) services.
- Drinking water facility.
- CCTV Surveillance facility.
- Fire Extinguisher facility.
Library Rules and Regulations
I. General Rules.
- Identity cards are must for students in library for entering and also for borrowing books. ID cards are not transferable.
- The library remains open Monday to Saturday from 8.30 AM to 03.30 PM (Library remains closed on government holidays).
- Students and Staff should enter their respective names, sign with date & time while entering the library.
- Personal textbooks are not allowed in the library. Only notebooks are allowed (for textbook, gate pass is mandatory).
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the library.
- Students should maintain discipline/silence in the library. Discussions among students are strictly prohibited.
- Mobile phones are not allowed in the library.
- Library computers can be used for academic purposes only.
- No material from the library should be taken out without proper issuing/recording
- Overdue Charges: Fine per book Rs.2/- will be collected per day after the due date.
- Book Lost: Borrowed books have to be returned to the library in good condition. In case of loss & damage of book 1:2 cost of book will be charged.
- A fine will be charged for duplicate card.
- No Due certificate will be issued from library only.
II. Circulation Rules.
- 1 Student can borrow 3 books and staff can borrow 10 books at a time.
- Students/Staff should sign in the issue register and in the book cards while borrowing library books.
- Borrowed books have to be returned within 10 days and they can renew the same on due date to another 10 days. For staff 180 days. Students and staff have to sign in the return register.
- Reference books, Journals and Magazine are not allowed to issue.
|Monday to Friday||8:30 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM to 1:00 PM|
|Circulation||9:00 AM to 3:30 PM|
|During exam time||8:30 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Library remains closed on Sundays & government holidays|
Library Advisory Committee
|Sl. No.||Name of the Members||Designation||Position in LAC|
|01||Dr. Siji. K.||Principal||Chairman|
|02||Mr. Chaluvaraju. B. H.||Librarian||Co-Ordinator|
|03||Mrs. Usha. M.||Asst Prof. (Science)||Member|
|04||Mrs. Nivedita Bose||Asst Prof. (Commerce)||Member|
|05||Mr. Shankariah. M. S||Asst Prof. (Kannada)||Member|
|06||Mr. Avinash Kumar||Asst Prof. (English)||Member|
|07||Mrs. Ullas||Asst Prof. (Arts)||Member|
|08||Mrs. Parichitha||Asst Prof. (Visual Arts)||Member|
|09||Rahul||Student. (B. Com)y||Member|
|11||Shakthi Krishna||Student. (B.Sc)||Member|
Mr. Chaluvaraju. B. H. (M.LISc).
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : 8050092708.
182/1, Seetharam Palya Hoodi, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560048.
Link To Open Access Library Resources.
- Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- Directory of Open Access Books
- RePEc (Research Paper in Economics)
- OAPEN Library
- JISC (Joint Information System Committee
- Bnet: online magazine dedicated to issues of business management
- Public Library of Science
- Intec Open Access Publisher
- Indian Academy of Science
- Google Scholar
- Microsoft Academic Search
- Open Access journal Search Engine
- Digital Repository@GIPE